Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Prayer for NOW

This week I attended my parish lenten mission. It was a very moving experience and the spirit was moving for sure. The simple message to " let God in to do the work " , " let go of struggle and allow God space in your life " " Letting go and change is hard but God can break down your barries if you let him in ". Wow very powerful and of course very relevant to me and Blaise.

I finally get it ! I am not in control ! Things are going to work out as they are meant to be. Why do I keep trying to " do it on my own " and try to pretend that I have control over when and how our adoption story is going to turn out. What a relief ! Now I can just continue to enjoy life and live in the NOW.

A Prayer for NOW

Lord, let me be where I am, right now. Let me accept myself and love myself as i am right now - this moment , without a single thing being differnet.

You love me now. Let me love me now ! Lord, let me live in the now because you are there.

I can't meet you in the past or the future. If that is where I always am, I will miss you and I will miss what you are doing now!

I want to be able to see the beauty of what you are about.

Lord, help me to be silent for at least a few moments. Help me to quiet not only my tongue, but also my restless mind and heart.

If I cannot be quiet, how will I ever hear your gentle voice pleading with me to come to you and receive your rest ?

( shared by Fr. A.MacDonald Companions of the Cross )

Nameste

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment